Data Protection Policy Statement
Chwarae Teg is registered as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner for the United Kingdom.
Chwarae Teg is committed to protecting your privacy and security. Whenever you provide personal information it will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Any personal information we gather will only be used in the context of the learning and development programme delivered by us and undertaken by you. In addition to the data collected through the Register an Interest form, we will also request from you further sensitive personal information when you become enrolled onto the project.
Chwarae Teg processes the information collected on the Register an Interest form for the following purposes:
- The information given will be used for the administration of the Agile Nation project and related services.
- Establish the eligibility of an applicant in relation to joining the Agile Nation Project.
- Determine if a prospective applicant lives in one of the convergence areas i.e. North Wales, South West Wales or South East Wales. (View a map of the convergence area)
- Determine an applicant’s occupational status for eligibility checking.
- Establish if an employer has a main base in one of the convergence areas
- In order for a member of staff to contact eligible applicants on completion of the Register an Interest form or at any other time during the lifetime of the project. (See Opt-out below)
- Ensures effective delivery of our services.
Under the requirements of our European Social Fund and Welsh Government funding we are obliged to collect personal data which will be sent to the Welsh European Funding Office and kept for the lifetime of the funding. This information is only used for monitoring, evaluation, quality and research purposes and not sold to a any third party. Following the end of the funding-programme lifetime all personal information will be securely destroyed.
Any information collected from the Register an Interest form that does not meet the necessary criteria will be securely destroyed.